Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Romans 2:1-6
How Do You Choose to Deal with Your Sin?
1. Sin is the universal choice and common problem of all men -- Sin is not a pretty sight, Rom. 3:9-18, 23; 6:23.
2. People choose to deal with their sin in a variety of ways, only one of which brings true relief, freedom and life eternal.
3. How do you choose to deal with your sin?
I. YOU CAN CHOOSE TO DENY YOUR SIN.
A. By Self-Righteously Denying Your Sin, 1 Jno. 1:8-10.
-These Christians deceive themselves, live in error, are not cleansed from their sin and call God a liar.
B. By Changing the Definitions of Sin, Isa. 5:20.
II. YOU CAN CHOOSE TO INDULGE YOURSELF IN SIN, Rom. 1: 28-32; 8:5.
A. These Honor Self and Refuse to Honor God, Rom. 1:20-22.
B. These Set Their Minds on the Flesh and Befriend the World, Rom. 8:5; Jas. 4:1-4.
III. YOU CAN CHOOSE TO EXCUSE YOUR SIN (in yourself and in others), Rom. 1:20. (Sin is absolutely inexcusable!)
A. You Can Blame Others, Gen. 3:11-13 (Jas. 1:13); Won’t work.
-Always the other guy’s fault and never your fault. Refuse to take personal responsibility for your sin.
B. You Can Say, “I Can’t Help Myself,” Exo. 32:21-24. (But, you can.)
-I was born that way…my environment caused me to be the way I am… (Sin is chosen.)
C. You Can Rest on Your Good Intentions, Matt. 7:21-23.
1. Shall we do evil that good may come?! Rom. 3:8
2. “I had to do it!” 1 Sam. 13:11-12 (No, you didn’t have to.)
3. Still rebellion against God, 1 Sam. 15:3, 8-9, 11, 13-15, 22-23.
D. Because You are Afraid, 1 Sam. 15:24 (cf. Matt. 10:28).
IV. YOU CAN CHOOSE TO HIDE YOUR SIN, Gen. 3:8 (Josh. 7:21).
A. Trying to Hide Sin from God is Futile, Isa. 29:15; Jer. 23:24; Ezek. 8:12.
1. Our sins are always before God, Psa. 90:8.
2. Trying to hide sin only hurts you, Heb. 3:12-13.
3. Far better to seek God’s help with sin, Psa. 19:12-13.
V. YOU CAN CHOOSE TO CONFESS YOUR SIN, Prov. 28:13; Lk. 15:17-19.
A. To God, because Your Sin is Against Him, Psa. 32:3-5 (51:3-4); 1 Jno. 1:9.
B. To the Person You Sinned Against, because You Wronged that Person, Jas. 5:16.
VI. YOU CAN CHOOSE TO REPENT OF YOUR SIN, Lk. 13:3, 5.
A. Have Godly Sorrow Over Your Sin, 2 Cor. 7:9-10.
B. Bear the Fruit of Repentance in Your Life, 2 Cor. 7:11; Acts 26:20.
1. To repent necessarily implies one will stop his sin! Rev. 9:20-21
2. The repentant repudiate their sin, Acts 19:18.
3. The repentant put sin to death, Rom. 6:1-4, 6, 11-12, 14.
1. God forgives every repentant, obedient sinner, Acts 2:37-38 (Lk. 15:7).
2. Choose to deal correctly with your sin today (Heb. 3:13).
By: Joe R. Price
Posted: May 25, 2018