Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Mark 9:42-48
The "Benefits" of Hell
1. Hell is a real place. Bible vividly describes it as a place no one should want to go (although many may not realize it - yet).
2. Many say: "I don't want...have to...need to do what the Bible says"; "God is a God of love, right”? Or, "I know what is right, but I'm not going to do it now. Hell is a long way off...I'll think about that later" These attitudes assure eternity in hell.
3. God is not willing that any should perish...but if you are willing, you will be responsible, not God's! 2 Pet. 3:9
4. SOME OF THE things you will not have to do in hell.
I. YOU WON’T HAVE TO ATTEND ALL OF THE WORSHIP SERVICES OF THE CHURCH. Heb. 10:24-25
A. No Worship Schedule (Sunday and Wednesday) to Keep Anymore.
1. You won’t have to get out of bed early Sunday morning and get dressed, or rush to worship from work on Wed. night.
a. No mirrors, no traffic ... Only darkness!
b. No bed to get out of -- No rest! Rev. 14:11 Weeping and gnashing of teeth. (Cannot rest in pain. Hell: No pain killers, only pain inducers!)
B. Worship will no Longer a Burden to Bear. No more: “Well, I gotta get up and go to church” when you really don't want to! 1 Jno. 5:3
-What will you inherit: Rest or anguish? Rev. 21:4-8
II. YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO WORSHIP GOD.
A. No More Singing.
1. No more wondering whether instrumental music is acceptable worship, and no more resisting it by saying, "the Bible doesn't say not to!” Eph. 5:19; Col. 3:16
2. Only sounds heard will be the weeping and gnashing of teeth! All the singing will be in the place you missed - heaven! Rev. 14:3
B. No More Prayers to God.
1. You will want to pray, but God will not hear; your chance to be heard is forever gone! 1 Ths. 5:17; Phil. 4:6-7
2. Remember back on earth at meal time: Did you rush to eat without stopping to thank God? Don't worry; no need to think about thanking God ever again- forever! (1 Tim. 4:4-5)
C. No more Sermons, 2 Tim. 4:2-4.
1. Length, Acts 20:7. Never again complain that a 40 min. sermon was 15 minutes too long! You'll wish you had used the time you were given to hear and learn God's word.
2. Message, 1 Cor. 1:21. Oh, how you’ll regret not paying attention to, believing and obeying the gospel. cf. Isa. 30:10
a. Plan of salvation; morality; mdr; fellowship with error; denominationalism; the church; true worship; organ. and work of church, authority for all things, etc.
b. In hell: “I wish I had listened to God's word!" Psa. 119:11-12
III. YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR OR YOUR BRETHREN, Matt. 22:39; Gal. 5:13-15.
A. You Will be Completely Alone with No Comfort. (No family, neighbors, brethren, friends, etc.).
1. Outer darkness: Millions upon millions, yet complete loneliness!
2. You will have nobody to love or to love you; No one to tell the wonderful story of Christ - it's too late. Too late to encourage a brother, rescue a sister, support the needy saint - too late!
3. Will you wish your attitude had been different? Matt. 7:12
4. Would you have devoted more time and resources to helping needy Christians, the church, family, etc.? Lk. 16:19, 23; 1 Tim. 6:18-19
IV. YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO LOVE GOD.
A. No More Pleas to Obey God's Commands, Jno. 14:15; 1 Jno. 5:2-3.
B. No More Urgings to Sacrifice for God, Rom. 12:1-2.
C. No More Excuses for not Studying the Bible, Psa. 119:97-104.
D. No More Appeals to Walk by Faith, 2 Cor. 5:7.
V. YOU WILL NEVER AGAIN HAVE TO STAND FOR THE TRUTH.
A. Facing Ridicule for the Truth will be a Thing of the Past, 1 Pet. 4:4.
1. You became like them, hiding your faith (light under a bushel).
2. You feared them more than God, Matt. 10:28.
B. Weariness over Fighting the Good Fight of Faith, 1 Tim. 6:12; Jude 3; Eph. 6:10-17.
1. So, you laid down your weapons and surrendered to the enemy.
2. You will not have to worry about hurting your friends' feelings in hell!
3. Tired of the confrontational nature of truth. (You didn't want them to hear a gospel preacher reprove and rebuke - they might have gotten the idea that they were lost in sin!)
1. There are no benefits in hell!
2. If you go to hell it will be your fault - God is trying to save you!
3. Maybe you're in sin yet thinking, "I’m not going to hell because...
a. “I'll change before I die.” (Hell will be full of people who thought the same thing; and you may be one of them!)
b. "God is too good to send me to hell." Your sin will send you to hell; God will give you a just judgment! Matt. 7:21-23; 2 Ths. 1:8-9 (Heb. 10:26-31). In hell, you will know God's judgment was just!
4. You can escape the punishment of hell right now - obey the gospel and be saved in Christ! The choice is yours, and so will be the reward or the punishment (Gal. 5:7-8).
-(Adapted from sermon outline by Don McClain)