Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Matthew 21:42-46
Jesus is Dangerous
1. Jesus: Stone of stumbling and rock of offense, that crushes those who reject Him, Matt. 21:42-46.
2. Jewish leaders viewed Jesus as dangerous, as a threat to their power, and concluded he must die, Jno. 11:45-53 (Matt. 27:18).
3. Jesus is still viewed as dangerous by many.
I. JESUS IS DANGEROUS TO SATAN, Gen. 3:15.
A. Came to Destroy Works of the Devil, 1 Jno. 3:8; Jno. 12:31-33.
1. Succeeded, Heb. 2:14-18. (Spiritual warfare, Rev. 12:7-12; 17:14)
2. Now, we can resist the devil, and he will flee, Jas. 4:7.
3. Jesus is dangerous to those who serve the devil, Jno. 8:43-44 (37); 2 Cor. 11:13-15.
B. Jesus is Dangerous to Sin, Rom. 6:23; 1 Cor. 15:56-57.
-Through Him, sin is forgiven, Heb. 10:17-18.
C. Do You Consider those who Oppose Sin to be Dangerous?
1. Elders? Titus 1:9-11
2. Preachers? 2 Tim. 4:2-4; 2:22-24
3. Faithful Christians? Heb. 11:35-39
4. What about those who approach you about sin, error, or some spiritual issue? Gal. 4:16; 6:1-2
II. JESUS IS DANGEROUS TO THOSE WHO DO NOT RESPECT AND OBEY THE WORD OF GOD, Matt. 7:21-23.
A. Those who Disrespect the Authority of Jesus, Matt. 7:22.
1. “Silence is consent,” cf. Lam. 3:37 (silence does not approve).
2. Bind human opinions, Mk. 7:1-5 (Col. 2:16).
3. Jesus is dangerous to these, cf. Jno. 12:48.
B. False Teachers, Matt. 7:15-20.
1. When truth exposes their error, they seek to destroy the teacher of truth, cf. Lk. 11:52-54; 20:19.
2. Jesus is dangerous to them, Rev. 2:14-16.
C. Hypocrites and Self-Righteous, Matt. 23:1-3; Lk. 18:9.
1. The proud of heart see Christ as a threat, and His disciples become the target of their reprisals and hatred, Matt. 11:29; 10:16-18 (Jno. 15:18-20).
2. Warned that when we are faithful like the apostles, we will face the world’s opposition and oppression, 1 Cor. 4:9-13, 14-16.
3. Jesus is dangerous to these, Rev. 3:1, 3.
III. JESUS IS DANGEROUS TO EVIL MEN WHO REFUSE FAITH.
A. Secularists Who Defy God, Rom. 1:20-23.
1. LGBT (Methodist bishop). He demands moral purity, celibacy and approved marriage, Matt. 5:27-28, 32; 19:4-6.
2. Feminists (gender benders), Gen. 3:16-19; Eph. 5:22-25.
3. Abortionists/Euthanasia, Acts 17:25, 28.
4. Jesus is dangerous to these (judgment of truth, Rom. 2:2).
B. Christians who are Divisive, Self-Promoters, 3 Jno. 9-10.
1. Vindicate self and destroy others, 1 Thess. 5:14-15.
2. Carnally-minded, 1 Cor. 3:3-4.
3. Jesus is dangerous to these, Gal. 5:20, 21.
1. Christ is Sovereign King, who saves the lost and rules the nations.
2. Honor and fear Him, lest His anger consume you, Psa. 2:8-12; Lk. 12:4-5; 2 Thess. 1:7-9.
Lesbian Bishop Calls Jesus a Bigot
“United Methodist Church bishop Dr. Karen Oliveto is not only a lesbian, she also believes (and publicly teaches) that Jesus was a bigot filled with prejudices. She does say that Jesus grew and changed, and that's her point. Bishop Oliveto admonishes, "If Jesus can change, if he can give up his bigotries and prejudices, if he can realize that he had made his life too small, and if, in this realization, he grew closer to others and closer to God, than so can we."
“The United Methodist Church has been on the descent into apostasy for years now. While the denomination is currently in the midst of their 75 weeks of praying about accepting homosexuality, they have long allowed pastors of their churches to go against their current beliefs on the matter.”
By: Joe R. Price
Posted: October 18, 2017