Topical Sermons Power Point Show
Scripture Reading: John 12:31-41
Why Do People Reject the Evidence that Jesus is the Son of God?
1. Part 1 began by question, why do you believe in God? (1 Pet. 3:15)
a. Evidence that establishes faith (Heb. 11:1; Rom. 1:16).
b. 1 Jno. 1:1-4 Heard & saw the evidence: Announced to us.
2. We considered some of the evidence for Jesus as the Son of God (Matt. 16:16-17; Jno. 5:36-37). The words, works & life of Jesus is a body of evidence that has stood for 2,000 years.
3. Our intent was to show that Jesus must be considered by all who would otherwise discount the existence of God & the Bible as His word (Jno. 12:44-48).
4. We have found the Messiah (Jno. 1:41, 45).
5. Why do people refuse to believe Jesus is the Son of God? (Lord, who has believed our report? Jno. 1:11; 12:37-38; Rom. 10:16-17)
I. WHY DO PEOPLE REJECT THE EVIDENCE THAT JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD? (Jno. 12:37)
A. It Does Not Agree with Human Wisdom 1 Cor. 1:21-25; 2:1-5, 6.
1. Pride Psa. 10:4; cf. Prov. 14:12 (28:26).
2. God is excluded from consideration (Rom. 1:22, 28).
B. It Means there is an Objective Standard of Truth & Morality to which One is Obligated (Jno. 18:38) Jno. 14:6 (1:1, 14).
1. Jesus is definite, absolute truth Jno. 12:46.
2. Calls us to walk in His light Jno. 12:35-36 (8:12).
3. Many love darkness of sin rather than light of truth Jno. 3:19-21.
C. Some are Unwillingness to Do What He Says Jno. 7:16-17.
1. Jesus demands a decision of conscience & faith from all who encounter Him (words & works) & the evidence about Him.
2. You cannot remain neutral about Jesus! Matt. 12:30
3. Will you have faith built on evidence, or will you deny Him?
D. It is Not What Some Have Always Believed Jno. 1:45-46.
1. Unwilling to come to the truth because it admits past error.
2. Jesus calls on everyone to do so to be saved! (Believe & repent Lk. 13:5; Acts 20:21)
E. It Means Loved Ones Who Do (did) Not Believe in Jesus are Lost in Sin Jno. 3:16-18.
1. Truth about Jesus does not make anyone a sinner (Rom. 5:12).
2. Jesus is the way of salvation for all (you & loved ones).
3. If you reject the truth about Jesus, you lost in sin, too! (Jno. 3:18)
F. Because of What Others will Say or Do Jno. 12:42-43 (cf. 16:1-2); Jno. 9:16-22; cf. Matt. 10:27-31.
1. Lord will not leave you Heb. 13:5-6.
2. Lord will deliver you 2 Tim. 4:16-18.
1. Who is the Son of Man? (Jno. 12:34) Jesus of Nazareth!
a. Do you believe in the Son of God? (Jno. 9:35-38)
b. Will you believe the report? (Jno. 12:38)
2. If you believe, then obey Him & have everlasting life (Jno. 12:48-50).