Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Job 1:1
Lessons from Job
By Tanner Bass
1. Purpose of Book: To demonstrate God’s absolute sovereignty over all things; To elicit unwavering trust in Him.
2. Written For: All people; well relates to those suffering.
I. AFFLICTION(S) OF JOB
A. Prior to affliction, Job was blessed! Job 1:1-8
B. Satan enters the scene, Job 1:6-12
-Satan is permitted to test Job, 1:12-20
C. Satan re-enters the scene, 2:1-10
-Satan permitted to test Job again, 2:7-8
II. JOB’S FRIENDS AND THEIR CLAIMS.
A. Seven days of silent sympathy, 2:11-13
B. Eliphaz, Bildad, Zophar
1. Eliphaz – the innocent do not suffer, 4:1-21
2. Bildad – God doesn’t reject the blameless, 8:1-22
3. Zophar – wicked men will suffer, 20:1-29
III. THE LORD ANSWERS
A. Chapter 38-39
B. -Where were you, Job? 38:1-11
1. God demonstrates His mighty works
2. Convinces Job of ignorance
IV. JOB’S CONFESSION AND REPENTANCE
A. Chapter 40:3-5
B. Chapter 42:1-6
C. The Lord’s rebuke of Job’s three friends, 42:7-9
D. Job prays and is blessed two-fold, 42:10-17
-God ALWAYS knows what we are going through.
-Through suffering, seek God for wisdom and comfort.
-We must always remain faithful.
-Will you be found faithful today?
By: Tanner Bass
Posted: July 13, 2017