Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: 2 Thessalonians 2:9-15
The Love of the Truth
1. Job expressed an admirable love for truth, Job 23:12.
2. Truth is more desirable than gold; its value immeasurable, Psa. 19:10.
3. Inspiration says to acquire truth and do not relinquish it, Prov. 23:23:
a. Traits of truth (23): Wisdom, instruction and understanding.
b. Truth comes from above (heaven), not below (earth), Jno. 14:6; 1:1.
4. We cannot love Jesus if we do not love truth, because He is the Truth, Jno. 1:14, 17; 14:6.
I. THOSE WHO DO NOT LOVE THE TRUTH, 2 Thess. 2:10-12.
(Displays itself in one’s attitudes, words and actions of life)
A. Present Dilemma:
1. Lost; Perish in unbelief (10), Active participle: Are perishing. People are lost (spiritually destroyed) when truth is refused (sin). cf. Those who haven’t heard gospel, Rom. 1:20-21; Psa. 19:1-4.
2. Deceived, deluded and believes a lie (11, 12), Nature of all sin.
-Deceived by false doctrine and its promoters, 2 Thess. 2:9.
3. Pleasure in unrighteousness (12), “to approve,” Rom. 1:32 (1 Cor. 13:6).
B. Future Outcome:
1. Condemned (12), Judged punishable, Rom. 2:4-5 (Jno. 3:19).
2. Sin brings eternal death, and only changed by loving, believing and obeying the truth of Jesus, Jno. 3:36.
II. DO I LOVE THE TRUTH? THOSE WHO LOVE THE TRUTH…
A. Meditate on the Truth, Psa. 119:97; 1:1-2.
B. Obey the Truth, Heb. 5:9 (Jno. 14:15); 1 Pet. 1:22.
C. Are Sanctified in the Truth, Jno. 17:17 (Eph. 5:26).
D. Abide in the Truth and Truth Abides in You, 1 Jno. 2:14 (Jno. 8:31).
E. Speak the Truth in Love, Eph. 4:15; cf. Amos 5:10 (ESV).
III. GOD’S PEOPLE KNOW AND ABIDE IN TRUTH, Jno. 8:31-32.
A. Serve God in Truth, Josh. 24:14; 1 Sam. 12:24.
B. Worship God in Truth, Jno. 4:24.
C. Rejoice in the Truth, 1 Cor. 13:6.
1. Buy the truth – Love the truth – Learn the truth – Live the truth – Do not relinquish the truth by participating in and/or approving of sin and error, Prov. 23:23; 3 Jno. 4.
2. God’s truth saves and leads to glory, 2 Thess. 2:13-14 (deliverance and protection).
3. Therefore, stand fast in the apostolic truth, 2 Thess. 2:15.
By: Joe R. Price
Posted: October 16, 2018