By: Joe R. Price|
Man's most essential need is the salvation of his soul
from sin, since one's soul is his most valuable possession (Matthew 16:26).
The all important question, "What must
I do to be saved?" is asked three times in the New Testament (Acts 2:37;
The Bible answer is clear and
compelling. Open God's word to discover how to be saved. Then, obey the word
of God and be saved from your sins.
WHAT IS SIN AND ITS EFFECT?
- Violation of God's law - 1 John 3:4; 5:17; James
- Separates man from God - Isaiah 59:1-2.
- Causes spiritual death - Romans 3:23; 6:23.
SALVATION FROM SIN IS
AVAILABLE TO ALL PEOPLE -
Acts 10:34-35; Romans 1:16-17; 10:11-13.
WHAT GOD HAS DONE FOR OUR
- Loved us even in our sin against Him - John 3:16.
- Sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to die for us - Romans
- This is God's grace toward mankind - Ephesians
WHAT MAN MUST DO IN ORDER TO
BE SAVED FROM SIN:
- HEAR the gospel of Christ - Mark 16:15; John
6:44-45; Romans 10:17.
- In God - Hebrews 11:6.
- The gospel (good news) of Christ - Mark 16:16;
John 8:24; Acts 16:30-31.
- REPENT of sins - Luke 13:3-5; Acts 2:38; 17:30;
- CONFESS faith in Christ - Matthew 10:32-33; Romans
- BE BAPTIZED - Mark 16:16; Acts 2:28; 22:16;
Galatians 3:27; 1 Peter 3:21.
WHAT HAPPENS THEN?
- Sins are removed, washed away - Acts 2:38; 1 Peter
- One becomes a Christian and is added to the church
- Acts 11:26; 2:47.
WHAT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY
AS A CHRISTIAN?
- Live faithfully to Christ's teachings - Matthew
7:21-23; Romans 6:17-18; 12:1-2; Revelation 2:10.
- Both God and man have a part in man's salvation
from sin (Ephesians 2:8-10; Matthew 7:24-27).
- God has done His part. He is ready to save you.
Now, it is up to you to obey Him in faith to be saved from your sins.
Return to Fundamentals of the Faith
Designed by Chuck Sibbing