ARE YOU IGNORANT OF
by: Joe R. Price
(Scripture: Revelation 12:7-12)
- Job 1:6; 1 Pet. 5:8 - Satan is real, his objective clear.
- 2 Cor. 2:11 - Christ hasn't left us w/o intelligence of our enemy!
- Paul said that we as Christians are not to be ignorant of the devil's
devices, yet we see many Christians falling into all kinds of traps set by
the devil for the destruction of our souls!
I. LIES - John 8:44.
- He lies about God - Gen. 3:1-5.
- He lies about man - Job 1:9-11.
- He lies about Christianity - Acts 28:22.
II. THE FLESH - Romans
- "Missing out on life!"
- Missing out on destruction, despair, & corruption! - 1 Jn. :15-17;
- Crucify the flesh, bear fruit of the Spirit! - Gal. 5:16-17,2-24
- Abstain from fleshly lusts that war against soul! - 1 Pet. 2:11
III. DOUBT - James
- The lie of trusting in yourself (man's wisdom, feelings, emotions,
philosophies, etc.). - Col. 2:8.
- He causes you to doubt the Bible & absolute truth! (Jn. 14:6)
IV. SUFFERING - 1
- Discouragement, despair, hopelessness, helplessness......
- Physical suffering - cf. Job 2:3-10.
- Persecution for your faith - 1 Pet. 1:6-7.
- Cast all your anxieties upon Christ! - 1 Pet. 5:6-7
V. FALSE TEACHING - 2
- Misdirected / self-deceived / false humility - 1 Tim. 4:1-3; Col.
- The trouble with false teaching:
- Gal. 1:6-9: Out of God's grace, anathema.
- 2 Cor. 11:13-15 - Deceptive, destroyed.
VI. CONFUSION - James
- Starts w/ jealousy & faction -- Every vile deed.
- Leads to distrust, evil surmising, malicious gossip ending in
unbelief, bitterness, railings, slander, hatred, division.
- cf. 1 Cor. 11:19-21 - Renders worship impossible
- cf. 1 Cor. 14:33 - Makes edification impossible. Satan loves it!!
VII. DISCORD AMONG
BRETHREN - Genesis 13:8.
- Popular opinion, parties, positioning, posturing, sophistry, emotional
appeals, envy & strife (Gal. 5:19-21).
- Destroy unity, destroy the church! (Amos 3:3)
VIII. FALSE SECURITY -
2 Corinthians 10:12.
- Self-deceived, untaught, unstable, shallow emotionalism.
- In a "name" - Rev. 3:1.
- In advantages - Rev. 3:17.
- In works that were w/o authority - Matt. 7:21-23.
- About sin - 1 Jn. 1:8-10.
- Make no mistake about it, the devil has a plan for you!
- Will you be ignorant of his devices?! (2 Corinthians 2:11)
Return to Sermon
Designed by Chuck Sibbing