Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Jeremiah 18:1-6
1. Does God bend to the will of men, or must men bend to the will of God? To ask such a question is to answer it, Jer. 18:6; Rom. 9:20-21.
2. We hear people speak of “My God” or “My Jesus.”
a. It may refer to a real relationship of faith, Rom. 1:8; 1 Cor. 1:4.
b. It may be that they have fashioned a god of their own making, and of their own choosing, Rom. 1:22-23; Exo. 32:4; 1 Kgs. 12:28.
I. WHO IS YOUR GOD?
A. My God Fills Heaven and Earth, Jer. 23:23-24.
1. He is omniscient, omnipotent, Heb. 4:13; Psa. 139:7-12.
2. He is not a regional, ethnic or national god, Acts 17:24-26. He is Creator, Eternal and Sovereign.
3. Today: God has the same faults and foibles of people (pagan).
B. My God So Loved the World that He Gave His Son to Save It, Jno. 3:16-17. God loves sinners! (you and me, Rom. 3:23)
1. Sent His Son to appease His wrath against sin, 1 Jno. 4:8-11.
2. God does not embrace the world in its sin; He acted to redeem the world from its sin, Rom. 3:23-26.
3. Today: Hear that God “accepts” everyone just as they are. No He doesn’t! Prov. 11:20-21; cf. Eph. 5:5-7, 11
C. My God is Holy, and He Calls Me to be Holy, 1 Pet. 1:14-16.
1. God does not fellowship sin, 1 Jno. 1:5-6. We are not to, either, 2 Cor. 6:14-7:1.
2. Today: God is defined as tolerating sin, as minimizing and redefining sin out of existence. (Talking about sin runs people off!)
D. My God has Spoken to Me in His Son, Heb. 1:1-2.
1. Not through a personal experiences.
2. Not through latter-day prophet and revelation (Mormons).
3. Not through dreams and visions.
4. Not through false worship and false doctrine.
5. Through revealed truth (the NT Scriptures), Jno. 13:20; 1 Cor. 14:37; 2 Tim. 3:16-17.
a. Certified, verified, consistent standard for all; All will be judged by it, Jno. 12:48.
b. Understandable, knowable, Eph. 3:3-5; 5:17; 2 Tim. 2:15.
6. Today: People say they cannot (don’t want to) understand the Bible (Scriptures), and so they convince themselves God speaks directly with them. [If they cannot understand what God wrote, how can they be sure they understand what they claim He is saying to them directly?]
E. My God Shapes Me into the Image of Christ, as I Live by Faith (obeying His word), Rom. 8:29 (Potter...clay).
1. Freewill choice to put sin to death and conform to the will of Christ, Col. 1:27-28; 3:5-11.
2. By obedience, we work out our salvation (this is how God works in us), Phil. 2:12-13.
3. Walk by faith, not by sight, 2 Cor. 5:7 (Rom. 10:17).
4. Today: Life is a (blind) leap of faith; Or, “you just have to take some things on faith.”
a. Faith is not blind, and it is not uninformed, Jno. 8:12.
b. Genuine faith believes and follows God’s word, Matt. 7:21.
1. We cannot make an image of God that is not in the Bible; False God.
2. The true God demands full surrender of faith. He deserves our complete trust and unwavering obedience.
3. Psa. 115:1-8: Trust in the true God, not a god of your own making!
By: Joe R. Price
Posted: May 12, 2017