Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: John 14:7-11
We Wish to See Jesus (2)
1. Review Part 1.
2. Gentiles wanted to see Jesus, Jno. 12:20-21.
3. Today, we only see Jesus by faith; cf. Jno. 20:29; 1 Pet. 1:8-9.
a. Must see Him as He is – not a 21st century perversion. Rom. 10:17
b. Ultimately, by seeing Jesus we are seeing God, Jno. 14:9.
4. They needed a Savior and so do we. Like them, we need to see Jesus and put our faith in Him.
I. WE SEE JESUS:
D. As Our Great High Priest, Heb. 3:1.
1. Faithful and worthy of honor, Heb. 3:2-3.
2. His work and achievements, Heb. 9:24-26:
a. Entered heaven to appear for us, 9:24.
1) One appearance to put away sin; Offering of himself, 9:25-26.
2) Eternal redemption, 9:11-12.
b. Intercessor, Heb. 7:25-28.
c. Sympathizer, Heb. 2:17-18.
3. Hold fast our confession, Heb. 4:14-16
E. As the Prophet, Acts 3:22-23.
1. Spoke the Father’s word, Jno. 8:26.
2. God’s prophet at work – Judged by His words, Jno. 12:48-50.
F. As the King, Lk. 1:32-33.
1. Jesus rejected the people’s concept of king – they rejected Him as their king, Jno. 6:15.
2. A king who testifies of truth, Jno. 18:37 (cf. Matt. 28:18-20).
3. The king is reigning today, Eph. 1:20-23 (Mk. 9:1; Acts 1:8; 2:36).
G. As the Judge, Jno. 5:22-23, 27.
1. God calls all to repentance because He will judge us by Christ, Acts 17:30-31. God assures us of judgment by Christ’s resurrection.
2. We see Jesus coming as Judge to reward and punish, 2 Ths. 1:7-10.
1. Do you see Jesus? He has been preached to you today, Acts 8:5, 35.
2. If you are looking for Him with eyes of faith you will see Him and you will see the spiritual blessings He has for you.
3. Do not fail to “see” Jesus; your soul depends on it.