Topical Sermons Power Point Show
Scripture Reading: Romans 3:21-26
SINNERS, THE SAVIOR AND THE SAVED (#1)
1. Sometimes people say God is unfair by condemning those who have never heard about Jesus Christ; Worldly thinking, Rom. 3:5.
2. God puts all under command to repent & will judge the world, Acts 17:30-31.
3. Is God to be blamed when sinners are lost? No. Jno. 3:16-17
I. SINNERS ARE LOST.
A. Sinners are Lost Due to Their Own Sin.
1. All people everywhere are sinners, Rom. 3:23, 9.
2. Therefore, all people everywhere are lost in sin.
B. All People are Under Law to God, Rom. 4:15.
1. If not, then they are not sinners; but, all have sinned.
2. Therefore, all are under law to God (1 Jno. 3:4).
C. The Existence of Sin in the World, Rom. 5:12-14.
1. Death spread to all because all sinned, 5:12.
2. Sin imputed to all, because all were (are) under divine law, 5:13 (2:12-13; cf. Gen. 6:5).
a. Gentile world heaped in sin, Rom. 1:18-23 (without excuse).
b. Jewish world heaped in sin, Rom. 2:1, 12 (no escape).
c. All sinners spiritually dead (separated from God), Gen. 2:17; Col. 1:21.
3. Death reigned from Adam to Moses, Rom. 5:14.
4. Now, all are under law to Christ (Matt. 28:18; 1 Cor. 9:21).
D. When We Reach Moral Capacity toward God & Man, We are Responsible for Our Own Sin before God, Rom. 7:7-12.
1. Law is not at fault, 7:7 (Jas. 1:13).
2. Law identifies sin, 7:7 (Rom. 3:20).
3. Law cannot save sinners, Rom. 3:19-20.
4. Salvation is through faith in Jesus Christ, not through the deeds of the law, Rom. 3:21-26, 27-28.
E. God Will Judge the World, Acts 17:31; Rom. 2:16.
1. A righteous judgment, acc. to truth, is coming (17:31); Rom. 2:2, 4.
2. God is not unjust to inflict wrath against sinners, Rom. 3:3-6.
3. God has provided & revealed salvation for all sinners.
4. God is not to be blamed for loving sinners & providing a way of escape! Rom. 5:6-11
We do not have to remain in sin & death, Acts 17:27, 30-31