Topical Sermons Power Point Show
Scripture Reading: 2 Corinthians 5:14-21
SINNERS, THE SAVIOR AND THE SAVED (#2)
II. THE SAVIOR, Lk. 19:10; Matt. 18:11; 20:28 (seek, save & serve).
A. Died for All Sinners, Jno. 3:16-17; 1 Tim. 2:6 (4:10).
1. God’s gift of salvation is available (given) to all sinners in Christ, Rom. 5:15 (Eph. 2:8-9; by grace…through faith); 2 Tim. 1:9.
2. Grace is greater than sin; grace reigns in righteousness through Jesus Christ our Lord, Rom. 5:19-21.
B. The Just (Sinless) for the Unjust (Sinful), 1 Pet. 3:18.
1. God was in Christ “reconciling the world” to Himself, 2 Cor. 5:18-21.
a. The world was alienated from God due to sin.
b. Jesus is the means of removing the sin that separates.
2. The word of reconciliation (gospel) commands: “Be reconciled to God” (5:20).
C. Jesus Will Completely Save those who Come to God through Him, Heb. 7:25 (Jno. 1:29).
III. THE SAVED.
A. Sinners are Saved through Faith in Jesus Christ, Acts 16:29-30.
1. God is rich (in grace) to all who call upon Him, Rom. 10:4-13.
2. God’s plan of salvation saves lost sinners, Mk. 16:15-16.
a. Hear the gospel, Rom. 10:17.
b. Believe in Jesus Christ, Mk. 16:16 (Jno. 8:23-24; Matt. 10:32).
c. Confess faith, Matt. 10:32 (Rom. 10:9-10).
d. Repent of sins, Acts 17:30.
e. Be baptized, Mk. 16:16; 1 Pet. 3:21.
f. Be faithful, Rom. 12:1-2 (6:18).
3. Saving faith is an obedient faith.
B. Those who Do Not Obey Jesus will Die in their Sins.
1. The urgency to take the gospel to the lost, Matt. 28:19 (Rom. 10:13-17).
2. God takes no pleasure in the death of sinners, Ezek. 18:30-32.
1. God is not to blame for men’s sin & death, Rom. 1:18-23; 3:1-4.
2. God is saving the lost through Jesus Christ & His gospel, Rom. 1:16-17; 3:23-27; 11:36.
3. We all have been or now are dead in sins, Eph. 2:1-5.
4. Those who are perishing are blinded from the light of truth & Christ by Satan & by sin, 2 Cor. 4:1-5.