Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: 1 Timothy 6:11-12
By Tanner Bass
1. We are all fighting in a war (spiritually). Are you a soldier for Christ? Or Satan?
2. Remember 3 A’s: Adversary, Armor, and Aim.
I. LESSONS FROM EPHESIANS, 6:10-13.
A. We can only stand strong in the Lord’s power, Eph. 6:10
B. It is God’s armor that protects, Eph. 6:11
C. Who is our adversary? The devil, Eph. 6:11; 1 Pet. 5:8
D. What must I do? Put on God’s armor! Eph. 6:13
II. GOD’S ARMOR, EPHESIANS 6:14-18
A. “..gird your waist with truth” vs. 14
- Truth must remain at the core.
B. “..put on the breastplate of righteousness” vs.14
- Righteousness will be our protector.
C. “..shod your feet…gospel of peace” vs. 15
- Compare this to Romans 10:14-15.
D. “..taking the shield of faith” vs. 16
- Without the shield, the solider has no defense.
E. “..take the helmet of salvation” vs. 17
- Protect your spiritual heart!
F. “..the sword of the spirit” vs. 17
- Attack the enemy with the sword.
G. “..praying always” vs. 18
- Prayer is in the life of the soldier of Christ.
III. WHY IS THIS ARMOR NECESSARY?
A. “..To stand against the wiles of devil” vs. 11
B. Without God’s armor ON, we cannot defeat the enemy.
C. Only those in Christ are armed to fight.
Which side are YOU fighting for? Christ or Satan? The winner of the war has been decided, choose to be on the winning side of the fight TODAY!
By: Joe R. Price
Posted: July 21, 2017