Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Psalms 139:13-16
Turning Order into Chaos
(Why Gender Matters)
-Brief review of Part 1.
Question: “Is it acceptable to change your sex? … It’s clear in the Bible that homosexuality is a sin, but how would you argue against transgender people?”
-No, it is not acceptable in God’s sight; it is sin.
I. WHAT IS THE ISSUE?[i] (from Focus on the Family email, 27Feb15)
A. We Look to Genesis to Understand this Issue.
1. God created humanity in His own image as two sexes, male and female, Gen. 1:27.
2. Creation/Division of male and female is an essential truth, with purpose and consequences, Gen. 2:18, 23-24; Matt. 19:4-5.
B. However, the Transgender Agenda Seeks to Supplant this Truth with very Different, False Ideas, Col. 2:8; 1 Tim. 6:20-21. For example:
1. Gender is a "social construct" and separate from biological sex.
2. Gender is "fluid and changeable", and
3. There are an infinite number of genders.
II. WHY IS TRANSGENDERISM SIN?
A. Because God Created Gender; Man does not Control it, Gen. 1:27; cf. Jer. 13:23.
1. God gave males and females unique, vital and distinct identities and roles.
a. Gender differences are required for reproduction of the human race and for completion of humanity, Gen. 1:28.
b. Gender differences identify and help define our roles, Gen. 2:18-22.
c. Nature teaches that transgender conduct is sinful, Rom. 1:26-27 (9:20-21).
B. Some of the Effects of Transgenderism:
1. Minimizes/Disregards God-given gender (and their differences), cf. Deut. 22:5; 1 Cor. 11:14-15.
2. Makes provisions for and promotes the sin of homosexuality, Lev. 18:22; Rom. 13:14.
3. Displays discontent, lack of self-control, self-defined living and even lustful choices, cf. Phil. 4:11; Rom. 1:24-25.
4. Dishonors marriage and the home as ordained by God, Gen. 2:23-24; Heb. 13:4 (Eph. 6:2).
III. SOME DEFENSES OFFERED TO JUSTIFY TRANSGENDERISM.
A. “People are born this way."
1. Actually, no. Girls are born with XX chromosomes, boys with XY; this never changes.
2. LGBT are not "born gay..."-- Identical Twins Studies shows the fallacy. (Identical DNA, yet different outcomes.)
“Because they have identical DNA, it ought to be 100%,” Dr. Whitehead notes. But the studies reveal something else. “If an identical twin has same-sex attraction the chances the co-twin has it are only about 11% for men and 14% for women.”
"Because identical twins are always genetically identical, homosexuality cannot be genetically dictated. “No-one is born gay,” he notes. “The predominant things that create homosexuality in one identical twin and not in the other have to be post-birth factors.” ("Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic", June 24, 2013, orthodoxy.net Blog)
3. This would make God responsible (Eccl. 11:5; Jas. 1:13-15).
4. This removes personal responsibility for the choices being made. (Eccl. 7:29; Jas. 1:16)
B. "God looks at the heart." 1 Sam. 16:7
1. Say he is really a she on the inside.
2. God sees one’s character, motives and will, 1 Sam. 16:7; Not discussing gender.
3. God forms the person and knows his/her identity before birth, Jer. 1:5.
C. “We are just accommodating what we already are on the inside.”
1. No, TG accommodates choices made on the inside (in one’s heart), Prov. 23:7; 3:1-8.
a. “If God made you a particular sex, shouldn’t you stay with that, no matter how you feel on the inside?”
2. Christ calls on us to change the heart (inside) and reflect that change in our lives (outside), Eph. 4:17-24 (Ezek. 18:31-32: Get yourself a new heart and a new spirit.) -Repentance-
IV. CONTRASTING SUMMARY OF BIBLE v. TRANSGENDERISM.
Gender created and assigned at birth
(Gen. 1:27; 1 Cor. 11:12)
Gender distinctions evolved
Gender identity from birth
(cf. Gen. 4:1, “male”)
Gender is self-defined
(Feelings, emotions, desires, impulses, etc.)
God knows gender before birth:
We are not born with wrong gender
(rare cases of “intersex”)
“God made me this way…I can’t help it!”
(Illus. – Dr. described a woman had been born w/ a ‘bad birth defect’ = she had a female body!)
Gender differences to be honored and maintained
(Deut. 22:5; 1 Cor. 11:14)
Gender distinction self-defined; Self is honored
(Rom. 1:25, 28; 2 Tim. 3:2, 4)
Gender roles defined by God; all to honor
(1 Cor. 11:3)
Gender roles defined by the individual/society
(The fruit of humanism and hedonism)
People can change their hearts to conform their lives to holy living (1 Pet. 4:1-3; 1:13-16)
There is no sin; people should satisfy themselves (cf. 1 Cor. 6:13, 15-20)
1. The gospel calls everyone, everywhere, to repent (God's command), Acts 17:30.
2. The plan of salvation from sin is the same for all: H-B-C-R-B.
3. Come to Jesus; He will save you.
4. Continued in Part 3.
By: Joe R. Price
Posted: June 13, 2015
[i] Focus on the Family email, 27Feb15