Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Romans 10:14-21
Do You Want to Know?
1. Jesus affirmed that "you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free" (Jno. 8:32). Yet, so many do not want the truth as witnessed by an unwillingness to obey it, Rom. 10:15-21.
2. A willful refusal to understand and obey the truth of God is foolishness, Eph. 5:17; Gal. 3:1.
3. Wanting to know must be joined with wanting to obey God, Jno. 7:14-18.
4. Knowing the truth removes doubt and uncertainly, replacing it with obedient faith, Lk. 1:3-4.
I. DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE GOSPEL MEANS? Acts 17:18-20
A. You Can Know What the Gospel Means...
1. Like the Ethiopian wanted to know, Acts 8:30-39.
a. Suffering Savior, Crucified, raised and exalted.
b. Believed, confessed his faith and was baptized.
2. Like Cornelius and his house wanted to know, Acts 10:33, 47-48.
a. Desire to hear all that God commands.
b. God receives all who fear Him and work righteousness, 10:35.
3. Like the Bereans wanted to know, Acts 17:11-12.
a. Ready, eager hearts and open Scriptures.
b. Many of them believed.
B. Or, Do You Want to Know Like Those who Heard the Gospel but Rejected It?
1. The council when it resisted the Holy Spirit? Acts 6:8-7:1, 54
2. The Jews of Antioch in Pisidia? Acts 13:44-46
3. The men of Athens? Acts 17:32-34
II. DO YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE HEADSHIP GOD HAS ESTABLISHED? 1 Cor. 11:3
A. The Apostle Expected Christians to Know about Headship.
1. Headship implies the responsibility of authority with its attendant respect.
2. Feminist movement does not want you to know about headship of man and does not submit to it. (usurp authority, 1 Tim. 2:12)
B. The Headship of God: He has All Authority (Gen. 1:1).
1. His will rules and demands respect from us all!
2. Christ willingly put Himself under the authority of the Father to accomplish human redemption, Jno. 14:28, 31; 17:4. (Subordinated himself to the Father by His humanity, His obedient life and death.)
C. The Headship of Christ: Man Must Respect the Authority of Christ, Matt. 28:18 (Matt. 17:5; Col. 3:17; Eph. 1:22-23).
D. The Headship of Man: God's Order of Creation and Assigned Roles, 1 Tim. 2:12-15.
1. Woman praying and prophesying, 1 Cor. 11:5: She should by no means lay aside the usual and proper symbols of subordination.
2. Men unwilling to lead and women unwilling to defer to the headship of men both oppose the Bible pattern (God's will).
III. DO YOU WANT TO KNOW THAT FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD? Jas. 2:20
A. Saying You Believe but not Obeying What You Say You Believe is a Lie - a Deception! Jas. 1:22, 26; 1 Jno. 2:4
1. It is an empty and useless faith, Jas. 2:15-17.
2. We cannot lie to God! He knows whether our faith is dead or alive!
3. Obedient faith is the kind of faith that saves, Heb. 10:35-39.
a. Shows confidence in God's reward, 10:35.
b. Endures to the end, 10:36-38.
c. Otherwise, there is eternal destruction! 10:39
1. Do you want to know the truth of God that will save you now and forever?
2. Then fear the Lord, depart from evil, acknowledge Him and follow His truth, Prov. 1:7; 3:5-7.