Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Psalm 8
The World's First Things
1. We are not the first to have passed this way on the earth. It is truly arrogant, short-sighted and self-centered to thing we are the only ones to have experienced life in all its complexities and challenges.
2. We should go back to the beginning and remember the great things God has done. Produces godly fear and humility before God, Psa. 8:1, 3-5.
3. “In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth…it was very good” (Gen. 1:1, 31).
I. THE WORLD’S FIRST MAN.
-Made in the image of God, Gen. 1:26-30
-Dual beings (flesh and spirit), Gen. 2:7; Eccl. 12:7; 2 Cor. 4:16
-Immortal creatures, 2 Cor. 5:1
II. THE WORLD’S FIRST COMMANDMENT. Gen. 2:16-17
-God’s commands are good, Rom. 7:12; cf. Psa. 119:97-102
-God was teaching Adam the difference between good and evil:
--Based on what God said.
III. THE WORLD’S FIRST MARRIAGE. Gen. 2:18-25
-“Not good” man was alone, 2:18
--Impressed this upon man, 2:19-20
-Created woman, 2:21-22
-Ordained marriage, 2:23-25; Matt. 19:3-6; Heb 13:4
IV. THE WORLD’S FIRST SIN. Genesis 3
-The temptation, 3:1-5
-The enticement bore the fruit of sin, 3:6-7
-The shame and consequences of sin, 3:8-19
--Spiritual death, 3:6; Isa. 59:1-2; Rom. 3:23; 5:12
--The blame game, 3:11-13
V. THE WORLD’S FIRST GLIMPSE OF REDEMPTION. Genesis 3:15
-Seed of woman…son of God…our redemption, Gal. 4:4-7
1. These first things of the world tell us:
a. Where we came from. Gen. 1:26 (Eccl. 12:7)
b. Why we are here. Eccl. 12:13
c. Where we are going. 2 Cor. 5:10; Heb. 9:27
2. You and I have been greatly blessed. How will we use these blessings from God?
By: Joe R. Price
Posted: February 26, 2017