Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Romans 8:35-39
Your Adversary, the Devil: What To Do Now?
1. In our series on the devil we have learned:
a. Part 1: Who Satan is: Our Adversary and Accuser. He is a real and present danger, 1 Pet. 5:8.
b. Part 2: Where he came from, his limitations and where he is going, Jno. 8:44; Rev. 20:10.
c. Part 3 and Part 4: His temptations and resisting them.
2. Part 5: God has not left us hopeless and helpless against our adversary.
a. God’s assurances that victory over sin and death is real.
b. Satan will flee from us as we live by faith, trusting and obeying the Lord’s will for our lives.
I. WHAT WE CAN DO ABOUT SATAN.
A. Know and Trust that Jesus has Already Landed a Death-Blow against Satan, Gen. 3:15; Heb. 2:14-15 (1 Jno. 3:8).
-The cross of Christ and His resurrection defeats Satan’s use of sin and death to try to destroy our souls.
B. Our Faith Assures Us that Satan is Under a Death Sentence, Rev. 20:120 Matt. 25:41.
-Keep our faith focused on Jesus, 1 Jno. 4:4; Heb. 12:1-2.
C. God Crushes Satan under Our Obedient Feet, Rom. 16:19-20.
D. Ways that God Crushes Satan Under Our Feet.
1. When we put God’s word in our heart, Mk. 4:14-15 (Psa. 119:11; Prov. 7:3); Col. 3:16.
2. When we are spiritually alert, 1 Cor. 16:13; 1 Pet. 5:8. Not distracted, Mk. 4:18-19.
3. When we are armed and engage the battle, Eph. 6:10-13; 1 Tim. 6:12.
a. Never think you are above the fray.
b. “I would never be tempted to do that...” – Prideful (Prov. 18:12).
4. When we exercise self-control, Jas. 1:14-15. 1 Cor. 7:5; 9:25-27
5. When we avoid tempting situations and know our escape routes, Eph. 4:27; 1 Cor. 10:13.
6. When we have steadfast personal faith (built upon the faith), 1 Pet. 5:9; 1 Thess. 3:5.
7. When we pray without ceasing, Matt. 26:41. Heb. 4:15-16
8. When we faithfully worship God, Jno. 4:23-24 (Matt. 4:10).
1. Satan is our adversary and accuser; Jesus is our Savior and Defender, Rom. 8:31-39.
2. “Therefore, submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.” Jas. 4:7
By: Joe R. Price
Posted: July 13, 2016